Steak and chips is a type of traditional meals combos that all the time hits the spot, and we’ve taken this model to the following stage. With beef slow-cooked in Guinness till it’s fantastically smooth and tender, crispy chips and a recent and fruity slaw, this dish positively ticks the scrumptious dinner field.
The great thing about the Slimming World Meals Optimising plan is that it offers you the liberty to take pleasure in all of your favorite meals, whereas guaranteeing nice weight reduction outcomes. So you’ll be able to say an enormous, juicy ‘sure’ to steak and chips everytime you fancy it!
MORE FOR MEMBERS: For those who’re in search of extra Irish-inspired recipes, you’ll discover recipes for Irish stew and dumplings and Irish espresso and chocolate pots on the member-exclusive web site.
Guinness-braised steak video
Guinness-braised steak recipe
1 Syn per serving
prepared in 4 hours 20 minutes
What you want:
low-calorie cooking spray
6 lean beef stewing steaks, seen fats eliminated
1 onion, chopped
2 beef inventory cubes, crumbled
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 sprigs recent thyme
6 carrots, lower into chunks
150g savoy cabbage, shredded
2 inexperienced apples, cored and lower into matchsticks
3 spring onions, sliced
bunch recent chives, snipped
1 stage tsp creamed scorching horseradish
2 tbsp fat-free French dressing
juice of 1 lemon
small handful recent parsley, finely chopped
What you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 180° C/fan 160° C/gasoline 4. Spray a big non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and put it over a excessive warmth. Brown the steaks on either side in batches, then lay them in a deep baking dish to suit snugly.
2. Add the chopped onion and a mug of water to the frying pan and prepare dinner till the onions are smooth. Add 300ml water, the Guinness, inventory cubes, Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Convey to the boil, then pour this inventory over the steaks and canopy the dish tightly with a double layer of foil. Bake for two hours.
3. Take away the steaks from the oven and stir within the carrots. Re-cover, return to the oven and prepare dinner for an additional 1-2 hours, or till every little thing is tender.
4. In the meantime, make the slaw. Put the cabbage, apples, spring onions and chives in a bowl. Whisk collectively the horseradish, French dressing and lemon juice and stir it via the slaw.
5. Discard the thyme sprigs from the braised steak and scatter over the parsley. Divide the steak and slaw between 6 plates and serve with Slimming World chips.
MORE ON THE BLOG: Desire a hearty stew, as an alternative? Do this Irish stew and colcannon recipe
For those who’d like to find the liberty of Meals Optimising for your self, you will discover out extra at your nearest Slimming World group or by becoming a member of our digital-only service, Slimming World On-line.